On the market today, there are many types of thermometers that can measure the temperature of water such as mercury thermometers, electronic thermometers, infrared thermometers. These are the 3 most common types of thermometers. However, for each type, the measurement and reading operation is different. Below, I will show you how to measure water temperature with different types of thermometers.
How to measure the temperature of water with a mercury thermometer
With a mercury thermometer, first of all, you need to clean the tip of the temperature sensor, lightly shake it to bring the mercury in the capillary column to 0. Measure according to the instructions below:
- Step 1: Insert the temperature probe of the mercury thermometer into the water to be measured. Pay attention to only submerging the probe, not the entire thermometer into the solution.
- Step 2: Wait for about 3-5 minutes, take the thermometer out and read the results.
This is an easy way to measure, with high accuracy, but it is not applied much because the temperature of the water will change over time, that’s why we will have to wait a long time.
How to measure the temperature of water with the Microlife infrared thermometer
Microlife thermometer is an electronic device that is structured like an infrared thermometer, in addition to determining the human body temperature, this product also allows to measure the temperature of water. The products are mainly equipped with infrared sensors that receive data quickly, allowing users to be more proactive in their work.
With this application, you should not choose some models that do not have infrared sensors, the method of measuring temperature is contact because measuring may damage the device.
How to measure the temperature of water with a Microlife thermometer is as follows:
- Step 1: You turn on the device with the On / OFF button. If the screen shows the temperature in F, for easy monitoring, you can switch from degrees F to degrees C. Please note that before measuring, check what temperature the device is in.
How to convert F to C temperature of infrared thermometer
Many of you are confused when you see the F temperature on the screen of the infrared thermometer. Simply take these steps to adjust degrees F to C easily.
- If the device is on, turn off the power.
- Press and hold the start key for about 8 seconds, then the screen has the letter F flashing, then release the button.
- Then you press the Start button again, the machine will quickly switch to degrees Celsius, after 3 seconds it is ready to use.
- Step 2: Bring the device to the position to be measured (here is the water surface), place the sensor head 1 – 3cm from the water surface, press the Start key to measure.
- Step 3: Wait for 3-5 seconds for the machine to return the results displayed on the screen.
How to measure the temperature of water with an Omron digital thermometer
Omron is a famous brand from Germany specializing in the production of medical equipment. Machine for fast measurement function with high accuracy. Results are displayed directly on the LCD screen. How to measure the temperature of water with an Omron electronic thermometer is as follows:
- Step 1: Start the device with the power button, bring the device to the position to be measured, place the sensor head 1-3cm from the water surface.
- Step 2: Press the READ button to read the results.
Some notes when using an infrared thermometer to measure the temperature of water
To check the water temperature with an electronic thermometer quickly and accurately, you need to adhere to the following notes:
- Ensure the power source for the machine to work best, check the battery before use, can add or replace if necessary.
- Clean the sensor unit and the machine before and after use to ensure the quality of operation, the ability to measure as well as the life of the machine.
- Measurements should be taken on the surface of the water, not on the surface of the cup because the displayed temperature will not guarantee accuracy.
- In addition to this device, you can refer to using a water temperature meter, this is a specialized device, used to determine the temperature of a sample by contact method, providing highly reliable and safe results for users.