Perhaps only coffee lovers understand and enjoy the feeling of enjoyment and relaxation when enjoying a delicious and cool cup of coffee every morning, especially in hot summer weather. But each coffee shop has a different recipe, not always suitable for your taste, so why not make your own? At times like these, an Aldi cold brew coffee maker is a great choice for you.
Happiness sometimes is simply waking up immersed in the air filled with the gentle aroma of the coffee, a minute of silence with the familiar taste of coffee, energizing for the busy life outside.
Does Aldi’s have cold brew coffee?
To satisfy the love of coffee of many people and also partly avoid the extra gas and money in daily life, Aldi has produced cold brewed coffee. This is a product that is both convenient and economical for consumers.
So what is Cold Brew Coffee? Many people mistakenly think that this is an iced coffee but it is not. Cold Brew Coffee is a way of making coffee with cold water or room temperature water. Coffee powder is usually brewed for a period of 12 to 24 hours, thereby producing finished coffee with a less sour and bitter taste than traditional hot brewing.
Do you need a special coffee maker for cold brew?
You absolutely can make a cup of cold brew coffee just like making regular cups of coffee, with a regular coffee machine. However, in terms of taste, it will not be as perfect as coffee made with a cold coffee machine. During the operation of the cold brew coffee maker, coffee is made by using water at the right temperature for brewing. The first is using cold water, then a 12- to 24-hour process can result in a cup of cold brew coffee. This process creates a well-balanced flavor as it preserves the natural flavor of the coffee beans, and is certainly less bitter when steeped in cold water. It will be interesting to compare the taste of coffee made with a cold brew coffee maker with coffee brewed with a regular machine.
Is cold brew coffee good for your health?
Cold brew coffee is a drink that brings many benefits to your health. Like other types of coffee, cold brew coffee contains caffeine, so it can stimulate nerves, and help alertness and focus. That’s why coffee is often drunk in the morning and afternoon when you need more energy to work. Also thanks to the caffeine, cold brew coffee also helps you improve your mood, reduce stress, and avoid fatigue and moodiness. Research shows that people who regularly drink coffee are less likely to suffer from depression than those who don’t.
Not only that, drinking cold brew coffee can help stabilize blood sugar, lower blood pressure, and avoid heart attacks and strokes. So to avoid these dangerous diseases, enjoy coffee every day. However, people with high blood pressure should not drink caffeinated beverages too often as this can cause blood pressure to rise.
Coffee is often acidic, so some people who are not used to drinking it can experience acid reflux. However, research has shown that cold coffee is less acidic than hot coffee, so it is less irritating to the stomach.
The fact that cold brew coffee brings so many health benefits is probably quite surprising to many people. Drinking coffee every day in a moderate dose will definitely bring good effects to your health as well as increase inspiration and positive energy for your life.
How to make a cup of cold brew coffee?
Cold brew coffee applies the method of soaking ground coffee powder in cold water for 12 to 24 hours for the coffee to release all its essence. So if you want a cool cup of coffee the next morning, you should pre-soak the coffee before.
To make a cup of cold brew coffee, we need:
- 250 grams of coffee
- 1 liter of water
- Coffee grinder, glass jar, sieve, filter paper, stirring spoon
Steps to perform:
- Step 1: Put 250g of coffee into the grinder at a coarse level (level 5-6) to produce a coffee powder that is not too fine.
- Step 2: Divide the coffee powder into 2 equal parts, use 1 part in a glass jar with 500ml of water, stir well and let “rest” for 5 minutes.
- Step 3: Then, add the remaining coffee and 500ml water to the pot, and stir again.
- Step 4: Cover the coffee pot and put it in the refrigerator for about 12-24 hours, depending on the amount of coffee, the brewing time may be different.
- Step 5: With the necessary time, you take the coffee pot out of the refrigerator, use a strainer – slowly pour the resulting coffee into another pot. After the coffee has melted, remove the grounds, do not use your hands to squeeze out all the water because the coffee grounds will fall into the sieve and re-mix into the extracted mixture.
- Step 6: Use a food filter dipped in water, and place it in a sieve – filter the coffee again to obtain cold brew coffee.
For just $13 you can own an Aldi cold brew coffee machine, a convenient device for coffee enthusiasts. It is not only economical and convenient but also gives you delicious cold brew coffee and brings benefits to your body.